Ways to Romanticize a Couples’ Treatment
Being pampered with your lover can be an amazing experience, allowing you each to relax and unwind, de-stress, and create some intimate space in your relationship, but there are a few things you may need to discuss before scheduling your appointment or deciding on the package or treatments you’d each like to receive. VLUXE Spa has put together some suggestions to help you make the most of your couples’ treatment and potentially turn your spa time into one part of a romantic day for the two of you.
- To maximize your results, try to plan your entire day around your trip to the spa! If you schedule an afternoon visit, fashion the earlier part of your day to tackle any necessary stressful or adrenaline-inducing tasks or events. The last thing you want to do after leaving the spa is counter the benefits of the treatments you received there. Likewise, if you schedule an earlier visit, try handling any pressing business the night before and plan an afternoon that provides opportunities for you and your partner to disconnect from everything else and carry the spa atmosphere over into your evening with calm activities and perhaps an elegant dinner.
- Center yourselves emotionally and spiritually before you arrive so that you can connect and enjoy your time together. Try to come in a good mood and feeling at one with your partner. Also, arrive a bit early so that you can disrobe and get prepared for your treatment without feeling rushed. If it’s your first time visiting the spa, arrive even earlier to ensure all your paperwork has been taken care of. Your internal state is everything.
- Ask the spa what their policies are regarding adding enhancements to couples’ treatments or packages. There are often many options to heighten the pleasure and enjoyability of your service which will also personalize the experience for yourself as well as your partner. Perhaps you enjoy abdominal massage, but your significant other doesn’t. Or they like the idea of a scalp massage, but you don’t. You may be fine with the standard Swedish massage whereas your lover might need something more in line with the deep-tissue. There are usually ways to cater to each of your preferences simultaneously, often without adding much to the total cost at all.
- Find out whether your treatment or package involves breaks and what amenities the spa you’re visiting offers. At VLUXE, our couples’ Signature package – MON AMOUR – lasts for approximately two-and-a-half hours and ends with hors d’oeuvres and champagne served to you on our outdoor rooftop veranda, creating the perfect atmosphere for a special question or conversation. We also have a dimly-lit Quiet Room with a fireplace so if you are in the middle of an amazing book, you might want to bring it with you to enjoy a few pages while you relax.
- Respect the quiet spaces. Try to keep your mind focused on relaxing and if you feel the need to chat with your partner during your treatment, make sure it’s a topic that compliments the atmosphere. They may respond to your need for conversation, but be mindful that you may be ruining their experience. It is sometimes a good idea to discuss beforehand whether they want quiet conversation or just quiet period.